A Glimpse Of Ezra Millers Life: Career, Gender, And Arrest

Publish date: 2024-05-03

The 29-year-old actor, Ezra Miller was reportedly agitated at a bar by patrons singing karaoke. He was charged with harassment and disorderly conduct.

Ezra Miller, ‘The Flash’ Star, Arrested for Harassment and Disorderly Conduct in Hawaii

The Flash star Ezra Miller recently made a good impression on fans when he appeared as The Flash in the Justice League movie. Having plenty of other notable movies under his belt, fans wouldn’t have expected to hear his name under this heading. 

The news came in just as fans were expecting the young star to gear up for his next hyped project in the DC world, The Flash. Ezra Miller was all set up to wow critics and followers when he landed in troubled waters with the local police in Hilo, Hawaii.

The actor identifies himself as being ‘queer’ and likes to be labeled as ‘genderless’. Apart from that, he has an impressive portfolio of movies under his belt. His arrest over his behavior and harassment charges made a bump on his slate.

Ezra Miller in a Glimpse

Ezra Miller is an American actor who debuted in feature films in 2008 when he appeared in Afterschool. The actor then went ahead to star in We Need to Talk About Kevin in 2011 and then the next year co-starred in The Perks of Being a Wallflower. 

The year 2015 brought him subsequent good films such as The Stanford Prison Experiment and Trainwreck, which had a notable cast such as Brie Larson, John Cena, and LeBron James. 

The magical genre was the next for Ezra, as Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald saw him playing Credence Barebone in 2016 and 2018, respectively. 

The DC Extended Universe Inclusion

Ezra Miller came into profound fame when he portrayed Barry Allen aka Flash. This inclusion in the DC Extended Universe started with a brief appearance in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which came out in 2016.

Upon receiving positive feedback for his role, Ezra appeared once again in the mixed reviewed film Justice League as one of the many leads. He then went on to reappear as the Flash in Zack Snyder’s Justice League in 2021.

Since he is in the DC Extended Universe, he has also had cameo roles in other films. 2016’s Suicide Squad and Crisis on Infinite Earths saw him make cameo appearances along with Peacemaker in 2022.

Ezra Miller is set to appear in a standalone film titled The Flash, which is scheduled to release in 2023. 

Ezra Miller’s Early Life

Ezra Miller was born on 30th September 1992 in Wyckoff, New Jersey alongside Saiya and Caitlin, his two older sisters. His parents were Robert S. Miller, a senior vice president and managing director of Hyperion Books who became a publisher later on, and Marta Miller, a modern dancer.

Early on, he had a speech impediment due to which he trained as an opera singer from a very early age. He went on to sing with the Metropolitan Opera and the American premiere of Philip Glass’ White Raven. 

Enrolled in Rockland Country Day School and The Hudson School, the actor soon dropped out at the early age of 16 to pursue his career in acting. This was the same year that Afterschool came out. 

Religion and Gender Identity Revelation

Ezra Miller’s father Robert was a Jew while his mother Marta was a Christian. Miller himself has claimed himself as being Jewish and spiritual. 

Is Ezra Miller Gay?

He later came out of the closet and identified himself as queer. This revelation came in 2012. He abstains from using the word ‘queer’ later on and also sheds light on his gender beliefs.

“Queer just means no, I don’t do that. I don’t identify as a man. I don’t identify as a woman. I barely identify as a human,”

Ezra uses pronouns they/them for denoting himself which points to a refusal to be identified by normal gender terminology. This was a change from before when Miller used all gender pronouns previously, but later in 2021 stated he preferred them/they, ze, or it. 

When young, Ezra had an interest in boys but later clarified that he wouldn’t clarify himself as being gay. He stated, “The way I would choose to identify myself wouldn’t be gay. I’ve been attracted mostly to ‘she’s’ but I’ve been with many people and I’m open to love whatever it can be.” 

Ezra has also shed light on his social circle and preferences. In this regard, he said, “…a lot of really wonderful friends who are of very different sexes and genders. I am very much in love with no one in particular.”

The Recent Arrest in Hawaii for Harassment and Disorderly Conduct

The 20’s star was arrested in Hilo, Hawaii this Monday morning by law enforcement and charged with harassment and disorderly conduct. This happened after he was involved in an incident at a bar. 

The Hawai’i County Police Department posted about the incident. They reported they received a report of a disorder in a bar on Sunday evening at around 11:30 pm. 

Police identified an agitator who had become ‘unruly’ by other patrons singing karaoke. The agitator then proceeded to begin “yelling obscenities.”

This agitator then “grabbed the microphone from a 23-year-old woman singing karaoke and later lunged at a 32-year-old man playing darts.”

The agitator in question was Ezra Miller.

Post-Incident and Charges Placed on the Actor

The bar owner apparently asked Ezra Miller to restrain himself and calm down to avoid any further trouble, but to no result, the police statement on Facebook said. 

Due to a police complaint, Ezra Miller was arrested and charged with both offenses of harassment and disorderly conduct.

Ezra provided a $500 bail which was imposed upon him by law enforcement. This made his release possible.

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7t7XZmpqaZpOkunCx2auYZqWZobmmvoyloJ%2BdXw%3D%3D